Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
peugeot 205 gti - Hardtuned.net

peugeot 205 gti 

11 replies to this topic

#1 dootsn15

• Car:corolla

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

hey guys im looking at buying a 205 gti as my next car but i want to know if i can buy any parts to fit within australia.

i know i can import heaps of parts from england etc but thats well expensive.

if any1 knows any australian supplied after market parts can you let me know and are there any tuning places that will touch it?

#2 Ralph Wiggum

• Car:Peugeot 205 GTI S3

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:29 AM

I'm currently driving a 205GTI sIII and although I'd recommend the car, it's worth pointing out that there is bugger-all aftermarket for the Pug in Australia. You're right, the UK/Europe have endless bits/pieces for it but parts are still dear once you get them over here. AussieFrogs.com are currently arranging a groupbuy with an English mob but a lot of people are finding that parts are still quite dear once you've had them shipped over.

There are tuning places around (AutoParis etc.) but there's really very little that can be tuned. You can upgrade internals but it'll cost you quite a bit and the car will be off the road for awhile. Most people focus on suspension/handling upgrades as this car will never be lightning quick, but it can handle exceptionally well.
Most people in the Pug community are even against mods such as intake/exhaust as quite commonly these mods (pod + bigger exhaust) actually decrease power in this car by sucking in hot air and losing back pressure. The only common mod is an Mi16 conversion which involves transplanting a 16valve engine but this is best done if you know what you're doing as it can end up being complex when you factor in wiring and gear ratios.

I'd recommend visiting www.aussiefrogs.com and searching as this sort of thing has been covered eleventy billion times on there.

#3 dootsn15

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

my suspicions were right. looks like its a jap car for me (Y)

cheers for the info though.

#4 Ralph Wiggum

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:52 AM

Don't get me wrong, it's a great cult car, it's different and a lot rarer than S13/Skyline but it's not really something you'd buy to heavily modify as the options just aren't there. Then again, that goes for just about every NA car out there; you don't buy an NA car (unless it's an 8cyl) to modify and get big numbers. Unless you buy a gag-inducing riced out Honda which many people do.

Yeah get a Jap car or a factory-spec performance Euro (206GTi 180?)

#5 dootsn15

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

yer it's a bit too much of a cult car for me.

im looking at na but more like a sss pulsar or a twin cam ae82 for now.

havent really got enough road experience to get ridiculous power figures.

#6 Laurence

• Car:S13 Silvia

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:28 AM

Anything Japanese and FWD older than an mid 90's Honda are is even worth considering.

The 205 was great but I can't imagine they are any good, i sold mine in 2000 and it was like a big soggy sponge so another 9 years would be way too much I think.

#7 Ralph Wiggum

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

im looking at na but more like a sss pulsar
Had one of those too (N15), check out Pulsar.org

#8 mr_pea

• Car:2002 Renault Clio Sport

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:39 AM

Why not consider a clio sport.. i currently have one thats quite modded.
and most guys around would consider the clio sport the modern version of the 205gti..

besides factory xenons, leather and sude seats, and most features that would make a nissan just look shite..

take one for a spin you will be impressed.

#9 kmakaz

• Car:S13 silvia, a 2000 verada and a 2007 GOLf TDI with FSG (flappy paddle shit), Suzuki Bandit GSXR

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:11 PM

not many tuning shops, spare parts and service cost an arm and a leg, also most of the cars have been trashed and havent had the timing belts done.

#10 hipcrostino

• Car:94' 200SX

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

There are plenty of parts in Aus for these cars. There are two great guys to know in the tuning department too. One guy in sydney (makes great cams, modifies sumps) and a shop up in Brisbane. He is currently building the most insane Cti (convertable Gti) ( http://www.aussiefro...ead.php?t=59163 ). May want to skip to the last few pages if you don't want too read much.

If your not looking for a standard model, find one with an mi16 transplant, or if you have some cash get magic to fit a GTi6 engine.

Me, I've got a 205 Gti, S1 with S3 running gear, Mi16 motor running 10.8:1 compression, quad throttle bodies, coil packs, fully modded sump (trap door, 7lt capacity) higher pressure oil pump (these things oil starve like you wouldn't believe), three angle valve cut, large inlet cam and mild exhaust cam, wolf3d computer (came with the car, dose just fine). Runs 110Kw at the wheels right now out of 1905cc. In a 900kg car is really moves along. A gti6 engine (306 Gti6 motor) you can get 130Kw with mild mods, but those motors are pricey and hard to come by.

I would recommend looking at www.aussiefrogs.com.au. Most people don't mod there cars much on there, but you should be able to find cheap parts suppliers and mechanics.

I love my 205. My 200sx is faster, but the 205 is way more fun around town. I'll be getting coil overs for it very soon.

PS: oh dear, old thread. Sorry. Well the advice still stands for anyone searching in the future.

#11 Ralph Wiggum

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:07 PM

Plenty of parts? I disagree.

There's plenty if you've got deep pockets and are willing to have items custom-made at high cost. Otherwise there's basically nothing much available off the shelf. There's no real Peugeot equivalent of Greddy/Apex/Blitz whereby you've got tons of aftermarket parts just ready to bolt on or fit (in the case of cams). Sure, you can track items down from Europe but by the time you include shipping you're talking serious money. Also, every time I need to replace anything (e.g. cracked interior trim or leather seats) it is an absolute nightmare to track it down as the same things generally go wrong in each car leaving little at the wreckers.

As for fitting a GTi6 engine, by the time you factored in original car + donor engine + miscellaneous parts and fabrication + labour, you'd be looking at substantial money that could be spent on a newer, faster car. I've followed Magic's build and the car is fantastic but it owes him $50k+ from what I understand, and the average modder is unlikely to spend even a 10th of that.

As I said earlier, the 205 is a great car but not necessarily great for modding, so you've got to go in with your eyes open. For this very reason my car is completely stock and I mainly focus on keeping it as original as I can.

#12 DYNOBUSTER

• Car:cefiro

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

View PostRalph Wiggum, on 25 October 2010 - 02:07 PM, said:

Plenty of parts? I disagree.

There's plenty if you've got deep pockets and are willing to have items custom-made at high cost. Otherwise there's basically nothing much available off the shelf. There's no real Peugeot equivalent of Greddy/Apex/Blitz whereby you've got tons of aftermarket parts just ready to bolt on or fit (in the case of cams). Sure, you can track items down from Europe but by the time you include shipping you're talking serious money. Also, every time I need to replace anything (e.g. cracked interior trim or leather seats) it is an absolute nightmare to track it down as the same things generally go wrong in each car leaving little at the wreckers.

As for fitting a GTi6 engine, by the time you factored in original car + donor engine + miscellaneous parts and fabrication + labour, you'd be looking at substantial money that could be spent on a newer, faster car. I've followed Magic's build and the car is fantastic but it owes him $50k+ from what I understand, and the average modder is unlikely to spend even a 10th of that.

As I said earlier, the 205 is a great car but not necessarily great for modding, so you've got to go in with your eyes open. For this very reason my car is completely stock and I mainly focus on keeping it as original as I can.

i put a 406 3l v6 in one and it goes pretty damn fast but you have to extend the front of the car a bit because the engine comes out further than the standard bumper does lol not hard though if you have gone through all the other stuff to get the engine in

just keep it stock and enjoy/frighten yourself with the handling and look after a modern classic I have a series three and everyone is banned from touching the glovebox... they're made of a plastic that is the bastard prodigy of an oil well and a glass factory

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!