Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
VW Golf R mods - Hardtuned.net

VW Golf R mods 

8 replies to this topic

#1 z0mbieJesus

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

Got a mate at works whose got one of these coming through and wants to do a little bit of work on it. Don't know much about the VW Golf R's but looks like APR have a good package to beef it up a bit. I know nothing about Euro cars and modding them so I was hoping someone on here could point to any other alternative, especially for a decent turbo back exhaust other than APR (their exhaust is pretty steep). Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

#2 Lude

• Car:prelude vti-r

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

This is by a company called milltek. Looks pretty cool. No idea on pricing.

http://www.millteksp.../custom/802.jpg

#3 Guest_Umai Naa!!_*

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

Check out the VW Watercooled forum. There's heaps of info in the MK VI section.

#4 BT1_BOY

• Car:BMW E46 325Ci s/c'd

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

Hey mate

if ur in VIC.. I recommend going to a place called WORX AUTO... ask for Steven.
He owns a Golf R and he'll help you out with mods!!

#5 veedubnutz

• Car:None

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'm not sure if you guys get it here but a REVO remap is an instant power boost. For german tuning though, check out KW for chassis mods.

#6 p-plater

• Car:VW R32

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

I spend alot of time around VW's, so im gonna say one thing... dont get APR. They are good at marketing, thats it, Exhaust wise your best bet is milltek. Tuning wise id go for GIAC or REVO. Or you can get a sent tune like Ziezu or bluefin (you plug and play yourself).

From what i have seen GIAC extreme produces the more power (once again personal opinion), there are quite a few giac tuned cars with tb exhuast, intercooler, intake, pump and the tune making 200-211 kws at all four.

#7 tinto

• Car:S15 / R36

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

^Do you have personal experience with APR or has a GIAC fan been feeding you that horseshit?

I had an APR tune stage 2+ GTI Pirelli and it was phenomenal. Factory smooth and never missed a beat.

Stage 1 tunes from REVO,APR,GIAC, Bluefin, Viezu are all more or less the same in terms of power gains, so you tend to go somewhere that is nearby that can support your car.

If you map out where you want to be in terms of the pre defined stages, then it becomes clear (as it did to me), that APR will give you all the power without needing to strap on a fart can exhaust or a noisy intake - the car looks stock. Price works out about the same, but no need for all that additional hardware.

I've got nothing against other tuners at all - I've been very happy with the stage 1 bluefin and Viezu (and will be looking at GIAC for my next 2.0TFSI), but it aggravates me when someone feeds in second hand info about a tuner without the personal experience to back it up.

#8 wrx_my00

• Car:S14

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Problem with most euro cars is performance parts can be expensive. Milltek make good exhausts but it comes at a price. Best to read up on VW watercooled forum and read stuff from Europeans sites

#9 Kavomatovlkics

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

Thanks guys, I'm assuming that i just pop it over to mods folder an do i have to do anything in game for it to work or..?

Thanks again

Matt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!