Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
How expensive are Peugeots to service etc? - Hardtuned.net

How expensive are Peugeots to service etc? 

4 replies to this topic

#1 Chidge

• Car:3 SP25GT

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:51 AM

Hey how's it going,

First up, I'm sorry if this has been covered already, if so just link me to the thread.

I just sold my 180 and I'm looking at getting into something a little different. All I wanted was a small run around car that had a bit of style and was fun to drive. Long story short, I have settled on a Peugeot 206 GTi. They are pretty cheap these days and with relatively low kms. Heard they are a ball of fun to drive as well.

Now my only question is, how expensive are they to service/fix if things go wrong. I'm not a complete r'tard so I can do all the basics (change fluids etc), but if something major was to go wrong, how much in the red would that put me. I'm assuming a fair bit more than your standard Pulsar etc.

On that note, is there anything in particular I should be looking out for when I go and inspect one?

Was also playing with the idea of getting a MK3 Golf, but most of the ones I have found have 150,000kms + on them. Whereas the majority of 206s have under 100k. No doubt the Golf is better looking (slammed. BBSs. drool), but the kms are a turn off.

Anyway, any advice would be greatly apriciated!

Cheers,

Luke

#2 S13-1VIA

• Car:S13 Onevia

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:18 AM

Be good to your mother, Don't gamble and don't buy a pig yacht.. That's my advice

#3 Chidge

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:11 AM

Thanks pal

#4 Guest_Umai Naa!!_*

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

MK3 Golfs are near on bulletproof. Yeah, reverse gear can strip, but it's an easy fix.

Don't let high k's bother you. Just make sure it's got good service history, the timing belt and water pump has been replaced at every 90,000klms, and that it's not an auto.

#5 Chidge

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

Its the MK4s that are the major hassle with the heater coils going right? Have to pull apart the whole dash to get to it?

Nah definitely will be a manual. They are hard to come by though.. Maybe im too fussy. Budget is around $7000.

Still torn on a MK3 or Pug GTi though.

I just dont want to have to get a Corolla or SSS or something. Need a change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!